Being a bridesmaid means a whole lot more than just holding a pretty bouquet. The experience of taking part in the wedding prep is often equal parts incredibly meaningful and stressful. The best brides will appreciate all your efforts and help leading up to her big day, but your job ain’t over till it’s over. My lovely friend Jessica just stood up in a beautiful fall wedding and shared with me her on-hand essentials.
Meet the Bridesmaid
Wedding theme: Traditional glamour
Bridesmaid attire colour: Burgundy
Favourite wedding dance song: Cheerleader by OMI
1. Comb: for taming flyaways
2. Hair tie: ready for any untimely hair-mergencies
3. iPhone: always in-hand
4. iPhone charger: keeps my selfie-game strong until well after the nuptials
5. Nivea’s milk and honey lip balm: moisturizes my lips all day long
6. Essence’s lipliner in Satin Mauve: adds a subtle touch of colour for photos
7. L’Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga mascara: my all-time favourite for ultra-long lashes
8. Tissues: essential for tears, makeup, sweat, etc.
9. L’Occitane en Provence’s Neroli & Orchidee eau de toilette: purse-sized for sweet touches of scent on-the-go