This is the app that inspired me to begin this series of posts. I’d seen this app promoted on Pinterest by several other bloggers, the brands social media presence suggested the company was trendy and modern, and the concept is genius.
What the Wedding Party app claims to do:
- collect all your guests photos from your wedding easily and without use of hashtags or social media (great for older guests or those with digital cameras)
- act as your wedding website with accommodation and registry information
- let your wedding party communicate in a messaging app
- let guests connect before the wedding
- includes fun feature like a photo booth app and free printables like a scavenger hunt
What I loved about this app
Crisp, modern and mobile responsive I loved how the app looked and the idea of how it would operate.
The photo booth.
It allowed the use of different currencies for displaying prices of accommodations. Great feature for those outside the US. A lot of other popular apps are lacking in this respect.
The overall downside
Bugs and malfunctions.
This app has so many bugs it barely functions at all. If you read recent reviews they are all negative. It looks like the company had been trying to hire software developers for a while, yet they continue to promote a broken product like crazy. Not the best business move. Reviews are the same for android and apple.
I have tried the app on Android and Apple mobile devices, a Mac computer, and a PC and it fails on each platform. Also new issues pop up on every device like little unwanted presents from hell.
Non-existent customer service.
I have spent hours wrestling with this app between photo uploads crashing and not being able to get simple functions like adding links to work. I’ve sent three emails to date to customer service with no response. Compared to the service on apps like The Knot this is really disappointing.
What doesn’t work specifically:
- Photo uploads (the main function). Photo uploads crash frequently or read as completed with no photos uploaded, or photos are uploaded twice and refuse to let you delete them.
- Freezing and errors. Reviews contain complaints about information or entire websites deleting, not being able to add emails, and lots of error messages. I did have some trouble saving information about the wedding details and I had to re-write sections several times.
Bag this app if:
An update fixes the bugs or you only want the app to use as a basic wedding website with a nice, modern look.
You’re ready to launch your wedding site or want dependable features you can start now